• Want to make your own clothes?
• Make an original bag, sleeve for your phone/tablet?
• No sewing or other special machines of your own or not available?
• Or don’t have any space at home to be creative in?
Visit our sewing café, like an internetcafé!
(but with sewingmachines obviously!)
• Want to learn sewing not knowing if it’s something for you?
• You already have sewing experience, but you want to learn more?
Follow a course!
• Want to give a course yourself?
• Make and sell your own products and start your own business?
• Want to do something creative with friends, colleagues?
• Need a place where you and others can make clothes and accessories for a theatre, music, dance performance?
Rent our studio!
What is Studio Draadkracht?
A textile workshop where you can use sewing, lock and industrial machines, cutting tables, haberdashery and pattern sheets. A studio for everyone: from true beginners to the more advanced and starting entrepreneurs. Get started with your own project or ask for professional advice and customised support.
Social and inspirational place
Studio Draadkracht is the place to be for everything that has to do with textiles. Apart from a sewing café there is also a crocheting and knitting café. A place where you can get inspiration and meet people with the same interest. And of course we have tea and coffee!
Costs for use of studio
Independent use of machines and other materials costs € 3,- an hour. For advice and support we charge € 7, - extra per hour you come. If you want to rent the studio, please contact us. Please see address and contact information below.
Opening hours sewing café
Tuesday from 18 to 20.00
Wednes- and Thursday from 10.00 to 22.00
Friday from 10 to 17.00 and Saturday from 10.00 to 15.00.
Address and contact information
Address: Oosterhamriklaan 181
9715 PC Groningen
Tel: 050 7506251 (only during opening hours).